Friday, March 29, 2013

A Blog Post from Adalia of The LadyBugs

Hi everyone!  My name is Adalia and I'm the drummer for The LadyBugs.  I live in Bugwood Commons near the other LadyBugs. I'm so excited to be writing in our new blog.  We are hoping through this blog to communicate with parents and kids and let you all know about our music and animated series.  
I'm a single mom and my daughter Condoleezza lives with me.  She is 7 years old.  I named her after a powerful woman who plays a mean piano.  
PUPPIES AND BABIES
I know someday soon I'm going to have to have a talk with Condi about where babies come from.  Kids are exposed to so many sexual images at a young age these days.  The LadyBugs think it's important to try to explain those confusing images to your kids.  If you don't, someone else will and that someone else will probably be another kid.  In our song "Puppies," we compare a dog having puppies to a Mommy having a baby.  The song talks about how Mommy and Daddy like to play just like their dog, Lucy, played with the neighbor's dog, Gus.
TEEN PREGNANCY

The LadyBugs promote abstinence until adulthood.  We think an unwanted pregnancy is something kids shouldn't have to deal with and romantic relationships can be too distracting from schoolwork and planning for your future.  A great movie about teen pregnancy is called "Juno".  In this movie, a 16 year old girl gets pregnant by her boyfriend and has to decide what to do.   

The LadyBugs are experts in helping parents talk to their kids about difficult topics.  Share your comments and let us know what topics would interest you.
Until next week,
 Adalia

No comments:

Post a Comment