Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Blog Post from Nelli of The LadyBugs

 I'm Nelli.  I play guitar, keytar and xylophone and provide background vocals for The LadyBugs.  I live in Bugwood Commons, a community for bugs, near the other LadyBugs.  I live with my girlfriend Kati Didd.  
BULLYING
 You may have seen me being a victim of bullying in the first episode of "Meet The LadyBugs!"  That happens a lot because I have a girlfriend instead of a boyfriend.  It's really hard, but I try not to let it bother me. I know bullies are mean because they don't like themselves.  I have lots of nice friends that accept me the way I am.
The LadyBugs are experts in helping parents talk to their kids about difficult topics like bullying.  That's why we started this blog for parents and their kids.  A lot of the topics we talk about can make Moms and Dads uncomfortable, but we think you really should get over it so that you can keep your kids as safe as possible.
CHILD PREDATORS

One of our songs, "The Creepy Man," talks about pedophiles. It lets kids know there are some really bad adults that want to hurt kids.  Well, there are a couple of movies out that parents can watch with their kids about this very subject.  One is called "Trust".  It stars the very handsome, Clive Owen, and a terrific young actress named Liana Liberato who plays his daughter, 14 year old Annie.  In this movie, Annie meets a cute boy online and falls head over heels for him.  The only problem is he's not a boy at all.  He's a grown man pretending to be a boy so he can lure Annie away from her parents.  It's a hard movie to watch, but it's important for kids to learn about bad grown ups.
I'd also like to recommend a similar movie called "Blue Car".  It stars the also very handsome, David Strathairne, and another great young actress, Agnes Bruckner.  Agnes stars as 16 year old Megan, a talented young poet.... 
Blue Car Spoiler Alert!
Megan develops a close relationship with her English teacher who she thinks has taken an interest in her talent, but he's really interested in something else.  There are some weirdos who think this is a romantic coming of age film.  Buy a young girl losing her precious virginity to a creepy old married guy is not romantic you freaks!  Sorry, I get very emotional about this topic.
I hope you check out these 2 films.  Please share your comments and let The LadyBugs know what topics you're having trouble discussing with your kids.  The LadyBugs are here to help!


No comments:

Post a Comment